Learn, Examine and Discover...
- The effects of racism and other bias on education policies and practices
- The implicit and explicit work of Black teachers in the United States
- Individual and organizational dynamics that impede the development and sustainability of Black teachers
- Concrete skills for health & wellness in challenging contexts
- The importance of emotional intelligence and wellness in being a Black teacher in schools
- Research, tools, and other resources to support the leadership and sustainability of Black teachers in an oppressive system
The Black Teacher Leadership & Sustainability Institute is an experiential institute providing ample opportunities for Black teachers to share, reflect, and set intentions for how to lead from the classroom. Teachers will deepen their commitment, relationships, and agency while developing strategies for leadership and sustainability. Participants will receive caring guidance and facilitation to collaboratively explore the personal and professional challenges they face as Black teachers in the United States.
Who Should Attend?
Black classroom teachers working in public, charter, private, and independent K-12 schools who are able to attend the full institute.
Cost: $300/participant; includes Thursday dinner; Friday breakfast, lunch and a resource book.
Learn about the Black Teacher Project here.