Museum of Children’s Art
Title: Art for Educators
Roxanne Padgett, Executive Director
March 24-25, 2018 9:30-3:30
This workshop is designed for participants to learn the basics of the visual arts and how to integrate the arts into the learning environment. Participants with little or no art experience are encouraged to attend, as well as the experienced art teacher. This workshop will encompass the basic elements of art through hands-on practice, documentation, discussion, and reflection. The lessons are taught in a sequential order that foster art integration into a variety of subject areas and accessibility into arts learning.
· Will gain an expanded toolbox of art projects that they can use in their learning spaces using readily accessible and inexpensive art materials.
· Develop skills in the visual arts that they can use in their work with children to enhance their student’s creative thinking, communication, literacy skills, and individual expression that develop 21st learning skills and practices.
· Begin developing documentation practices to show the learning through the visual arts and develop reflection skills such as the Studio Habits of Ming and Making Leaning Visible
· Learn management techniques for handling art materials in a variety of classroom settings.
· Develop arts integration skills that can be used in a variety subject areas and themes.
Participants will receive reading materials and all lesson plans which will include information on the elements of art, (line, shape, color, texture, space) how to talk to students about their art, why is art good for children, best practices in arts integration other thought provoking articles in arts education.
Cost: 195.00 a person, discounts for school groups over 5 participants.